Have you been to Ikea but then it becomes a survival horror game?
Introducing The store is closedDeveloped by Ziggy, an amateur game developer from London, UK, who started a Kickstarter campaign for the title in August.
the origin of The store is closed can be found in SCP3008, a former Ikea store that has taken on a life of its own and traps people within its massive structure.
The newly released trailer shows us some gameplay footage where some of the game mechanics like building, destructible objects can be seen in action, as well as some of the shop inhabitants that may or may not be set to kill the player.
This is how Ziggy describes the title’s premise:
You are trapped in an infinite furniture store, trying to survive against the mutant team that attacks at night. You must explore the store, alone or with your friends, to find a way out. Fortunately, it’s full of furniture that can be used to craft weapons or build fortifications to survive the night.
Eventually, you’ll go too deep into the store and attract something dangerous. The Managers.
A rather extensive list of features planned for the game has also been released:
- Explore an endless world filled with different departments such as the exhibition hall, cafes and warehouse sections.
- Every day the store will close; the lights go out and the people become more dangerous. Make sure you have a weapon to defend yourself or hide until the shop opens again.
- Explore the mysterious SCP labs, where you’ll find unique weapons, crafting materials, and more dangerous employees.
- Build towers to the sky and discover what is above. There are secrets and horrors above.
- Where’s the exit? Since employees aren’t talkative, you’ll need to figure this out yourself. There are rumors of SCP scientists wandering around, so maybe they know.
- The entire world is destructible. Every wall, table, chair can be broken to be used as craft material.
- Fight against a variety of team members. Over time, tougher teams will emerge, with more dangerous enemies guarding certain departments.
- You will need a base to return to at night. Build walls to keep employees out, fires to cook food, and craft tables to make weapons.
- You will need to eat. Wild food from cafes around the world and return home to cook more fortifying meals over your campfire.
- Discover the store’s origins and find out what the SCP foundation is doing in its underground bunkers.
- You are not alone. The game features COOP Online; fight against the staff and build bases with friends.
The longer you survive, the more dangerous the staff will become. Eventually, you will attract the attention of managers. You will face increasingly difficult bosses and combat events as you progress.
Venture into the depths of the shop discovering unique locations, crafting materials and weapons along the way.
The game features a deep crafting tree. Build crafting benches, tools and explore the world to craft a variety of items.
Carve a house in madness. Fortify your base with increasingly tough walls and dangerous traps with the store’s flatpack furniture.
Level up. Gain levels and skills as you survive, becoming a more formidable customer as the days go by.
The list looks pretty ambitious, however, its Kickstarter campaign has already raised more than double its initial goal of £10,000 (about $11,000). In addition, several extended goals were also achieved. Having been able to get the trailer out on major media outlets such as IGN’s YouTube channel will help the campaign move closer to the highest currently available extension target of £40,000.
The store is closed It doesn’t have an official release date yet, but it may already be on the wishlist on its Steam page.
Take a look at the trailer: