Rydges Melbourne is undergoing a complete transformation and will reopen in Autumn 2023 as a premier location for the group.
Rydges Melbourne is ideally located for business and leisure travelers alike, in the heart of the city’s vibrant theater district and just moments from exclusive Collins Street shops, major sporting precincts, the Emporium, Melbourne Central and Bourke Street Mall. The new Rydges flagship property will include:
- 370 rooms completely renovated.
- 3 different types of accommodation including 310 standard king rooms, 35 suites and an addition of 25 apartments. The new Rydges apartments include kitchenettes, scullery, separate living/dining spaces, and spacious bathrooms, to meet the needs of the leisure traveler.
- All rooms feature the recognized signature Rydges DreamBeds bed to ensure guests have everything they need for the best night’s sleep.
- The property boasts one of the largest conference and event venues in Melbourne following the addition of nine newly created spaces, spanning 1,500 square meters over two levels. Additional spaces include a large room that can be converted into three smaller spaces that open onto the newly created deck, an expansive outdoor area overlooking Her Majesty’s Theater and Chinatown, creating a brand new entertainment space for Melbourne. In addition, the venue features an impressive ballroom space with soaring ceilings of nearly 7 meters and state-of-the-art AV technology, perfect for any occasion from a cocktail party to a gala dinner.
- A new signature restaurant inspired by the hotel’s location within Melbourne’s Theater District and will celebrate the food scene.
Every element of Rydges Melbourne’s transformation focuses on better maximizing the property by creating new spaces in previously underutilized areas and responding to guest needs.
The Rydges Group’s brand positioning is “freshly local” and to best interpret this, the EVT design team in collaboration with architects Luchetti Krelle focused on elements that truly reflect the brand’s philosophy. The interior textures and tones are quiet and naturally Australian. The property retains its modern exterior, with interior and social spaces that benefit from an abundance of natural light with light wood walls, natural stone floors and tapered ceilings crowned with features that draw your gaze skyward, along with locally manufactured lighting fixtures.
And true to the Rydges brand, the artwork in public spaces, guestrooms, and hallways is raw, natural, and celebrates the best of local talent. Interior designer Janet Graham has spent several months researching and engaging with the local Victorian art community to compile a long list of artists’ mixed media work to enhance the local guest experience.
Rydges properties portfolio continues to grow with 44 properties across Australia and New Zealand. Rydges is known for providing a refreshing local experience and genuine service.
186 Exhibition St
+61 3 9662 0511
- Full preview and tips for Tuesday feature meeting at Kembla Grange
- @farrellyandco Going Back To Basics Would you choose Neutrals or Bolds in your…
- Ellison Institute submits planning application for Oxford Campus
- For Marshall fire victims, this climate-friendly home isn’t a luxury home
- The food trends of 2023 that you will see everywhere