Your most valuable assets – personal and corporate data – are constantly at risk from attack,” says Rence. “My new book aims to help individuals and businesses navigate the many pitfalls that can compromise your data security.
September 15, 2022
With major data breaches in the news almost every day, it is clear that businesses and individuals need to take steps to mitigate cyberattacks. That’s the message in World War D: The Intersection of Cyber and Biological Pandemic, the highly anticipated new book from Chris Rence, CEO of Rimage, a long-time C-suite leader in data security.
The book, now available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, makes the fascinating argument that the Covid-19 biological pandemic and the cyber-attack pandemic have many characteristics in common. For example, a critical way individuals can protect themselves from these pandemics is to adopt hygiene practices, whether that includes hand washing for Covid-19, or data hygiene practices such as two-step login verification.
“Cyber attacks and the cost of breaches are mounting and the end is not yet in sight. That means your most valuable assets – personal and company data – are constantly at risk of attack,” says Rence. “My new book aims to help individuals and businesses navigate the many pitfalls that can compromise your data security.”
Contact Dustin Fish at 612.440.4414 or [email protected] to schedule an author interview with Rence.
To order the book, visit: https://www.amazon.com/World-Intersection-Cyber-Biological-Pandemics-ebook/dp/B0B14BZN8F/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=christopher+rence&qid=1661967453&sprefix=christopher+rence% 2Caps %2C100&sr=8-3
Rence is CEO of Rimage, the leading provider of offline data management solutions that protect your data by keeping a copy of it on removable storage and out of the reach of cyber criminals. The Rimage portfolio is designed to meet the evolving business data volume and management needs of organizations requiring on-premise storage and on-demand publishing solutions for mission-critical applications. Thanks to Rimage’s innovation in robotics, software and engineering, Rimage’s automation systems are a critical tool in an organization’s Defense in Layers cybersecurity strategy. Rimage solutions use proven, reliable technology to enable companies to keep their data offline and out of the hands of cybercriminals, providing these organizations with business continuity when under attack.
With over 40 years of innovation, Rimage delivers on-premise, enterprise solutions for archiving, compliance and publishing on demand. As the world leader in on-demand digital publishing, Rimage is an innovator in CD, DVD, Blu-ray Disc and USB publishing. More than 22,000 Rimage workflow-integrated systems support businesses around the world, including everyday disc publishers and organizations that duplicate and print a variety of media as essential components of their day-to-day operations. Throughout its history, the company has delivered the best workflow integrated solutions serving a variety of markets and applications.
Rimage’s portfolio includes:
- Defense in Layers (DIL): Rimage’s solutions provide a Defense in Layers (DIL) approach to cybersecurity. Malware, ransomware, insider threats… as the list of potential cybersecurity threats continues to grow, most experts agree that it’s not a question of whether your business will face a cyber-attack, it’s a matter of when. Insurance companies take note: They are tightening their underwriting standards and charging more for cyber liability insurance. At a time when no two threats are exactly alike, organizations must have the tools to store critical assets offline where they cannot be changed so they can quickly recover from disaster.
- Ingest: As their storage strategies and requirements change, organizations need to be able to automate their processes. Users can save valuable space by reading data from already written optical discs and then moving it to other forms of storage and media. Rimage provides solutions that help companies transition to newer forms of technology with seamless integration with forward-looking media technologies.
- RX400: Rimage’s latest release that delivers WORM technology to the healthcare and law enforcement verticals. As organizations requiring removable data management phase out optical media, the RX400 is ready to step in to meet the need for secure, offline data management that is compatible with current technology.
- Evidence Disc Systems (EDS): Designed for law enforcement, EDS is the industry’s best performing, most reliable solution for automated evidence processing. This platform will provide a springboard for greater data distribution through open access to new markets and technology.
- 2450: The Rimage 2450 system is a high performance front office solution for the automated production of CD/DVDs for patients. With 2450, the medical imaging workflow is a fully automated and intelligent in-house robotic solution with a low long-term cost of ownership.
Rimage’s best-in-class solutions empower society’s critical industries such as healthcare, government and law enforcement to work to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our world today. . Rimage continues to deliver on its promise of reliability and efficiency through new API (Application Programming Interface) and SDK (Software Development Kit) DevOps tools to enable processes and communications for enhanced usability that meet industry standard and regional technology needs around the world.
For more information about Rimage’s new solutions, visit rimage.com.
Share article on social media or email: