The state Department of Correction needs nearly $5 million to provide adequate health care in Connecticut prisons, where 80 percent of inmates suffer from mental health or substance abuse problems that require treatment, according to documents obtained by the Hearst Connecticut Media Group.
A state Sentencing Commission report to be released in March shows that nearly 80 percent of Connecticut inmates have a mental health or substance abuse problem that requires treatment.
- Ellison Institute submits planning application for Oxford Campus
- For Marshall fire victims, this climate-friendly home isn’t a luxury home
- The food trends of 2023 that you will see everywhere
- Is there hope for a dying river in Kenya’s growing capital?
- Film studio proposals among the planning applications in your area this week