The opening of adult-use cannabis dispensaries in Connecticut marks a major change in our state. This is the first time cannabis has been legally sold to adults in Connecticut, and this change brings with it a responsibility for all of us to ensure it is used responsibly. Now more than ever, we need to think about the potential harm cannabis use can have on young people. Regardless of your stance on the issue of legalization, we must all take responsibility for protecting our youth.
The Governor’s Prevention Partnership has been working to prevent youth substance use for more than 30 years. We understand the importance of education and awareness about cannabis use for young people. Cannabis use can have a significant impact on healthy development and it is critical for parents, carers, educators and community members to have accurate information about the effects of cannabis use on young people.
- Patent overview: the future of AXS? Axle batteries, solar charging and self-charging
- Designer Olga Naiman made this rental home an earthly oasis
- Minimalist small bathroom ideas for a tidy space
- The Bell Lofts warning system failed to notify authorities of the December flood
- Geography is (almost) everything | Financial Times