Texas families who head to Dallas to enjoy the Great Wolf Lodge are now in luck. A second Texas location of the hugely popular, nationwide family resort and indoor park brought the fun to the Gulf Coast, breaking ground Thursday, September 22, in Webster, Texas.
Great Wolf Lodge Gulf Coast Texas There will be 532 rooms and – most importantly – for kids and families – a 95,000-square-foot indoor water park and a 58,000-square-foot family entertainment center known as the Big Wolf Adventure Park. Located east of the Gulf Freeway, near the Flyway in the Clear Creek development, the 27-acre destination is scheduled to open mid-to-late 2024, according to Great Wolf Resorts’ announcement.
“We know that with the millions of families visiting our Grapevine resort and Texas families loving the Great Wolf Lodge experience, we are excited to introduce our second resort to the Lone Star State,” said Murray Hennessy, CEO of Great Wolf Resorts. The hallmark of Great Wolf Lodge is that we help families strengthen their herds by offering a close, comfortable and carefree fun-filled getaway, and with this new facility we can better serve families in the Houston area and southeast. parts of the state.”
Welcoming visitors year-round, Great Wolf Lodge Gulf Coast Texas will offer numerous attractions and amenities for all ages, including:
The resort has a huge indoor entertainment center.
● A spacious 95,000-square-foot indoor water park heated to a comfortable 84 degrees Celsius, featuring a variety of body slides, tube slides, raft rides, activity pools and splash areas for every member of the family, from toddlers and teens to parents, and grandparents.
● A 58,000 square foot family entertainment center known as the Big Wolf Adventure Park. This hub will offer a variety of family-friendly events, including Great Wolf Lodge’s exclusive live-action-adventure MagiQuest, where players use interactive magic wands to battle goblins and dragons.
● A collection of free family events and activities, including Yoga Tails, a morning workout that combines stories of creatures found in the Spirit Water Forest with yoga poses, and evening events such as Great Wolf Lodge’s exclusive Hustle & Howl dance party and Story Time Event.
● A variety of dining options to appeal to a variety of culinary styles, from pizza and burgers to fine dining and premium ice cream treats at Wood’s End Creamery.
● Family-friendly suites in a variety of categories and styles, including Big Wolf themed suites, bunk beds designed as a log cabin or wolf’s nest for children, and separate sleeping areas equipped with a Big Wolf character theme. The property will also feature multiple bedroom suites for large families or multi-generational groups.
Regional businesses can take advantage of the destination’s more than 11,000 square feet of flexible conference space, with breakout rooms, onboard A/V technology, customizable dining options, and a team of private sector professionals to serve visiting conferences and events.
Families can shift to the fun in 2024.
Alongside a major tourist attraction, Great Wolf Lodge’s new outpost will be a boon for area employment. Around 600 construction and trade workers will be on site every day during the peak construction period. The facility will fill approximately 500 full- and part-time jobs, with positions including senior management, engineering, IT professionals, lifeguards, guest service agents, cleaners and more to prepare for the grand opening.
In an effort to integrate seamlessly with society, the new facility will operate with environmentally friendly practices, including energy use and water consumption.
In particular, the facility’s location in Webster makes it the perfect addition to a weekend trip to nearby NASA/Johnson Space Center/Space Center Houston as well as Galveston.
“Tourism is one of Webster’s most important economic drivers, and the Great Wolf Lodge is a power multiplier that will drive visitors from a super-regional and global market,” Webster City mayor Donna Rogers said in a statement.
Great Wolf Resorts currently operates in the USA and Canada. The company plans further expansion: A Great Wolf Lodge in Perryville, Maryland is scheduled to open in the summer of 2023, and a location in Naples, Florida has just broken ground.
Fans of the super fun resort can stay up to date on the company’s social media channels and at www.greatwolf.com.