O Met Office recently announced the likelihood of a heat wave that resulted in commercial standards reminiscent of outdoor furniture covers that do not meet established fire safety measures. Several pillow covers sold by Aldi are affected.
Aldi, the giant store chain, released a statement recalling the cushion covers for various outdoor furniture products sold in its stores this year because they pose a fire hazard.
The supermarket has announced a free replacement for all pillow covers sold at its five locations in Swindon-Drove Road, Hobley Drive, Romsey Street, Shaw Road, N Latham Road and Royal Wootton Bassett.
Aldi’s statement states, “As a precautionary measure, we are sending replacement pillow covers to all customers who have purchased the following garden furniture products.”
The manufacturer has issued free pillow cover replacements, which will only be shipped to customers who purchased the outdoor furniture between February 13, 2022 and April 20, 2022.
The store advises buyers to discontinue using old pillow covers immediately and wait for safe replacements. The good news is that all other pieces of furniture are safe to use.
Affected models include:
- 718472, 718473, 718474 Bank Add on Rattan Effect – All Colors
- 718488, 718489, 718490 Add on Stool Two Pack – All colors
- 718487 Cushion Set Rattan Effect Corner Set
- 812106, 812664 Rope Effect Coffee Set 3 pieces
- 718223, 718224, 718225 Corner Wicker Sofa Set (with cover) – All colors (UK only)
- 718220, 718221, 718222 Corner rattan sofa set (without cover) – all colors
- 812611, 812612 Egg Hanging Chair with Cover (UK only)
- 812599, 812606, 812608, Egg Hanging Chair
The store requests that customers who have purchased any of the above outdoor furniture from the store contact customer service on 0800 042 0800 (UK) or 1800 991 828 (Ireland) as soon as possible to arrange delivery.
On the other hand, UK customers who purchased the products through your website will be contacted via the email addresses used and their replacement covers will be sent immediately.
How to protect garden furniture from the weather
Adverse weather conditions affect all of us in one way or another, but even more so for residents with outdoor furniture. uncovered lawn or garden furniture is affected by heat waves and storms.
Heat and rainwater wear out the material used to make the furniture, leaving it weak and discolored. In some cases, as in the case of Aldi cushion covers, some materials lose their fire-retardant effectiveness when exposed to heat for a long time. This means they can easily catch fire, putting the owner at risk.
To protect your outdoor furniture:
- Place them in shady areas so they don’t come into direct contact with heat and water.
- Invest in outdoor furniture with covers that protect the fibers from the effects of rain and water.
- Keep them clean and well-groomed and, if necessary, take them indoors until bad weather conditions pass.
Once you receive your replacement Aldi pillow covers, practice these simple maintenance tips and enjoy warm days worry-free.